We are excited to announce some of the speakers and activities that have now been booked for the Love Instead of Hate Community Conference on the 20th October...Read more...
The date for the Love Instead of Hate Community Conference has been changed to Saturday 20th October 2018
This date falls within Hate Crime Awareness Week 2018 and the Conference will be the focus of our 2018 campaign to fight gainst hate in our communities and promote cohesion.
The community conference is open to anyone who lives or works in Warwickshire. We want to come together to embrace our differences. This conference is FREE to attend.
The conference aims to:-
- Raise awareness and reinforce the importance of reporting hate crime
- Encourage communities to speak out against hate and report incidents
- Empower and inspire people to be actively involved in combating hate within their own community
- Update communities about the work being undertaken in Warwickshire by Partner agencies and obtain new ideas for future work
The format of the event will be a mixture of presentations and interactive sessions including the oportunity to take part in a creative art workshop.
We are pleased to announce that the Conference will be hosted by Trish Adudu, a freelance journalist, television presenter and radio host of the BBC Coventry & Warwickshire Breakfast Show. Speakers will include:-
- Dan Biddle - a 7/7 victim who was the most injured male survivor, and has successfully overcome the odds to reset his personal focus and goals.
There will also be stalls and displays from organisations who offer support and help to people who have experienced prejudice.
For further information, download our event flyer.
Spaces at the conference are limited and you need to register in advance. Follow this link to book your FREE ticket now.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com